Dear Venice,
I want to thank you for today. You showed me a great time in our last stop through Italy. I was a little skeptical after last night. It was a long day of traveling, which went extremely well, but all I wanted was a nice hot shower and a good relaxing meal. We had trouble finding our hotel and when we stepped in the room it was very basic. That wasn’t a problem, but after the amazing room we had in Cinque Terre, I was a little spoiled. We took quick showers and headed out to dinner.
We found a nice casual patio and ordered some seafood dishes since that is what Venice is known for. However, our service couldn’t have been worse. It was very clear that they could careless that we were there. We didn’t stay for long after the meal, even though our original plan was to enjoy a nice espresso or another glass of wine at the finish of our dinner. We paid and headed out in search for a café to enjoy a cappuccino and some gelato to make up for dinner. We found a great little spot down the street and started to take our first bite when the server brought over our bill. (It was late and they were closing down so we paid up front.) 20 euro! For 2 cups of coffee and two scoops of ice cream. Are you kidding me? The night ended there for me where I went back to the room to read while Logan hit the local casino.

No comments:
Post a Comment